the death and birth of a blog.

1:39 PM


I never really kept a journal.
I tried, several times in fact in several different journals, but after a few months…or weeks…or days I would forget to write. I would always find it a few years later, open it up, and then throw it away.
Why you ask?
Because that girl in the journal wasn’t me—it was a girl from some other life. I didn’t connect with her, and most of the time wasn’t very interested in the things that were important years ago. She hadn’t experienced what I’d experienced; she hadn’t been though what I’d been through! She had no idea what was coming.
For me, a journal isn’t really about looking back, but about reflecting on each chapter in your life as it happens. And then, when that volume is over and you have been refined into a different being, you move on.
 I had a blog that I kept for years, diligently I might add, but then suddenly I stopped. I’ve spent a bit of time thinking about why a blog I loved for so long had abruptly become unimportant. Then I realized…it’s like my journals! Between graduating, getting engaged, marrying my best friend, moving, taking on adult responsibilities, and becoming the parent of two puppies—I was different. In the chaos of all the changes, I had become a new person.  And had done what I always did; I moved on.
So I decided I would start a new blog for this next volume of my life. To record and reflect on all the moments discovered in this part of my story. And that makes me very excited to write.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Agreed. I hate looking at my old journal. I've ripped pages out of it too. And a lot of times, who I used to be isn't what I want my children to remember me by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your insight. Your blog is always so fun to read and I love that your "new life" has inspired a new "you"--meaning a new look, approach, and feel to your blog. I love that you didn't just change your old one. It's still there to look back on. I'm really terrible at blogging and sometimes dont enjoy it at all, but your blog is always filled with inspiration. Lovey love it!

    ReplyDelete