where home is.

1:54 PM



You know you’re busy when you look at your blog and realize you haven’t posted for months. But we really have been busy! Like, sold-and-bought-a-new-house busy!

 

We’ve set out to achieve new goals, and have fitted those goals with a new, super cute home in Sandy. I promise I’ll post lots of pictures soon, and if you want a “we’ve moved” card please send me your address! It’s been a time full of nervous excitement and lots of decisions, but thankfully Josh and I have had each other…which brings me to the point of this post.

Throughout this selling, homelessness, and buying process, I’ve better realized what the true meaning of “home” really is:

Home is anywhere you are loved.

You see, I’m the type of person that doesn’t like to move. I don’t like to move because I like knowing that no matter what happens during the day I am going home to a place familiar and comforting. And so I was quite off-balance these last few months, and while trying to keep all the chaos organized I was being beaten down by it…until Josh’s love and the kindness of family and friends reminded me that home truly is where the heart is.

I know we all have heard that saying. “Home is where the heart is.” It's cliché, but it’s true. We all feel it. But, as I’m sure most of you know, when you’re unsure where your physical home is going to be, you have the opportunity to learn on a much deeper level what that saying really means. It means home is where love is.

So my home is Josh. And all my family. And friends. And my pups.

This thought applies to a lot of situations I know, but it's something to always keep in mind. It’s great to take care of your physical house, but I've been reminded we can’t forget to take care of the real, soul-sheltering home that is all around us. Because that is what’s going to keep us safe when life gets rough. That support is stronger than any wood or bricks. And when you center on what really matters, you find yourself detached from those stresses that have been driving you crazy. Life becomes remarkably peaceful amidst the unfamiliar.

So thank you Josh and Mom and Julie and Mark and family and friends for reminding me in a thousand little ways where my true home really is.

You Might Also Like

0 comments