chicken strips.

9:30 AM


I don’t know about you, but I LOVE chicken strips. Like, when we were little my mom would call my sister and me “chicken strips connoisseurs.” But, as we all know, fried chicken isn’t exactly the best for you...

So today I come to you with good news! I have a recipe that makes delicious chicken strips—without the frying! The secret? Rice Krispies.

You heard me. The delicious snap crackle and poppy breakfast cereal is now your best friend when it comes to making healthy, yummy chicken strips.  So, before you start drooling, let’s get this recipe rolling!


 Rice Krispies Chicken Strips

Ingredients


2 egg whites
1 tablespoon water
2 1/2 cups gluten-free Rice Krispies

1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken strips
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

Directions

1. In shallow dish combine egg whites and water. In a large ziplock bag combine the Rice Krispies cereal, paprika, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. Crush into a semi-fine coating for the chicken. When it is crushed to desired consistency, pour onto a large plate or wax paper.

2. Dip chicken strips into egg white mixture, coating all sides. Roll in cereal mixture. Place in single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter.

3. Bake at 450°F about 12 minutes or until no longer pink in center.

4. Serve warm with salad dressing as dipping sauce.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. These are soooooo good! I love you Danielle, thanks for feeding me great food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it kind of an abomination to dip chicken in its unhatched offspring??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a recipe of coating chicken in Rice Krispies. They are an awesome secret ingredient for perfectly crispy chicken. Yum!

    ReplyDelete