valentine's day decorations.

9:16 AM

I love Valentine’s Day.


And with it just around the corner, love is showing up all over the place…including my crafts! I really like how my letter block project turned out, and it only took about an hour.


How did I make it you ask?

With some wood blocks, yarn, glitter and my Silhouette! You don’t need a Silhouette to make this craft however, you can cut the letters out yourself and it’ll be just as cute.

Below is a pretty vague description of how I made it. If you want more specific directions, feel free to ask.

Start by taping a piece of the yarn to the wood block so the yarn will wrap vertically. Wrap the yarn tight and when you get to the opposite edge of the wood block, tape the end down and cut. Then, take the yarn and begin to wrap horizontally from one end to the other, removing the tape as you cover/secure the vertical yarn when wrapping horizontally. When it’s all wrapped, tie off the yarn by tucking it under the bottom of the vertical yarn…and now you have one block done! Repeat for as many blocks as you need. Once you have all your blocks wrapped, it’s time to put on the letters. I just cut the shapes using adhesive paper and covered one side in glitter, but you could cut the shapes out and then use glue and glitter to cover the letters. Tape/glue the letters to your blocks and voilà! A cute Valentine’s Day decoration!

I’m loving how love-y our house is feeling...

 

Hopefully I can make a few more crafts before Valentine’s Day actually arrives!
And thanks to my darling friend Kelly for adding to our Valentine’s Day flair with this super cute board decoration.

So, if you get the chance, take a moment and add a little more love to your home for Valentine’s!

You Might Also Like

0 comments