classic chocolate chip cookies.

9:30 AM


Chocolate chip cookies are my weakness. Sometimes I play the “I’m an adult so I can do what I want!” card and eat them for dinner. And I never regret it.

This recipe is my favorite, and so I’m going to share it with you—writing it from memory. How sad is that? And by sad, I mean awesome.

Also, if you are making these with gf flour, be sure to get the flour that is meant for baking.

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies




Ingredients

1 ½ cups brown sugar 
¾ stick shortening 
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
2 ¼ cups flower (gf or regular)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 bag chocolate chips

Directions

Heat oven to 375°F. 

In large bowl, mix sugar, shortening, milk, and vanilla. Mix in egg. Then mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. 

On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 6 to 10 minutes (depending on how hot your oven runs) or until light brown (centers will be soft).

Cool 1 to 2 minutes, and then stuff your face with the delicious little treats!

You Might Also Like

0 comments