almond (corn)bread.

9:30 AM

So, recently our life has become fantastically calm. Like, all of those big and demanding things that have been the focus of our lives the last few months have faded away into the past, leaving a perfect present for fun crafts and activities (until I get my wisdom teeth out Friday and then am dealing with all that ahhhhhhh). 

With all of this free time, I’ve started cooking again. Semi-hardcore cooking. 

For example, I bought some almonds a couple weeks ago from which I made not only almond milk, but almond flour with which I made almond (corn)bread. 

Crazy I know! Move over Martha Stewart, this girl’s making her own ingredients! 

With my homemade almond flour, I made some delicious almond (corn)bread, which we had with chili and it was wonderful. Here's the recipe for you to try!


 Almond (corn)bread 

Ingredients 
1/2 cup almond flour 
1/4 cup (gluten-free) flour 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon baking soda 
3 eggs 
1/4 cup butter, melted 
2-4+ tablespoons honey (depending on how sweet you want it) 
1/2 cup sour cream 

Preheat your oven to 325° F. Grease your baking dish well. Blend all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool, slice, and enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments