true self.

9:30 AM


This post is for those who are hurting or have been hurt, which is pretty much all of us am I right? 

I’ve always loved this quote: 

“Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”

 –John Watson

And I really believe it’s true. Life is hard, and there are times when you feel you can’t possibly be more broken. Life also moves on, leaving an unchangeable imprint on our past. What’s most important though, and I try to remind myself of this often, is to not confuse what happens to you in this life with WHO you are in this life. 

You are wonderful and smart and kind and funny and strong and so don’t fall into the trap of thinking that the hard things that have happened to you are you. They are the things that have shaped you, but don’t let them be what defines you! Your future is as bright as you make it, and you are only as strong as you believe you are. So believe in yourself– your true self!

You Might Also Like

0 comments