focus on the positive.

8:59 AM

With everything in disarray recently, I've been having to put extra effort in keeping myself balanced. I must admit, it's been a little difficult.

Something I've been doing to help keep myself centered is reading the inspirational book "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari." It's a fantastic read, totally recommend, and I'm going to share one of the principles of it here!


 The book talks about releasing your mind from negativity, pain, and anxiety. Now, that's way easier said than done, but this trick has really helped me. Hopefully it can help you too.

When a negative thought enters the focus of your thoughts, immediately and purposely replace it with a positive thought. Something really specific. I think of Olive wiggling around because she's so happy or Jeff leaping around the yard or Josh laughing or something like that. Something completely stress free and positive. You then mentally lock in on that feeling, and what happens next is great. The negativity leaves, and you slowly start to train your mind to push out negative thoughts right away! It becomes natural! I've noticed a real difference in my thought patterns since I started this exercise. I feel a lot more balanced and on the joyful side of life. Because life is really made of what you focus on.


So, take a few deep breaths, and give it a try! You'll be happy with the results, I promise.

You Might Also Like

0 comments