warm is relative.

11:55 AM


It always makes me laugh how warm weather is relative. As in, 23 degrees is almost shorts weather when you’ve been stuck in a high of 10 degrees for a month. But, people in Vegas freeze to death when the weather hits high 40s.
We’ve been having a bit of a winter “heat wave” so to speak, with weather in the high 30s. It is so nice to step outside and not have your lungs almost freeze when you realize 8 degrees is the hottest it will get that day. But these high 30s aren’t going to satisfy Josh and me. We are going to Vegas in two weeks to bask in their 60 degree weather. I have a feeling a lot of Uthans are jealous—I promise I will try to bring some of the warm weather back with me.
I am so ready for spring to come. Like, I found a fly buzzing around my kitchen this morning and actually got excited. LIFE! A sign of spring; proof that the weather is reaching temperatures where things can actually survive and sneak into my home. Proof that nature knows winter is ending. It’s lame I know, but it made my morning to see that little annoying bug.
The one thing that does make the freezing temperatures kind of ok is when the days are absolutely sunny and the sky is vibrant blue and the trees are encompassed in frost. It’s exquisite. I took these pictures on my way to work. I may be counting down the days until our warm Vegas getaway, but I am going to enjoy nature’s frosty beauty in the meantime.



You Might Also Like

0 comments